At The Spectacle Shop, we offer a wide range of contact lens options to meet your vision requirements, lifestyle and even your fashion sense. Our experienced opticians can help you find the best lens options for comfort and clarity:
- Bifocal or multifocal lenses
- Colored or special-effect contacts
- Daily disposable lenses
- Extended wear soft lenses
- Toric lenses for astigmatism
- Rigid, gas permeable lenses
- Scleral lenses to help heal damaged corneas*
- Lenses for dry eye
- Lenses for keratoconus
- Other specialty lenses
*We are proud to be one of only 2 optical centers in the county to fit scleral lenses. These types of lenses are both medical and therapeutic, helping to heal damaged or diseased corneas while also helping you see clearly. This type of lens might be recommended if you have keratoconus or other corneal problems. A proper fit is important to ensure they are comfortable and effective.
Watch the video below to learn more about Scleral Contact Lenses.
Tips for Contact Lens Care
To avoid eye infection, proper contact lens hygiene is very important. We recommend following these steps when caring for your lenses:
- Wash your hands before putting in your contacts
- Use high quality lens cleaning solutions to clean your contacts after each use; do not reuse cleaning solution as it may contain bacteria
- Do not use your own saliva, tap water or chlorinated water to clean your lenses; these unsterile water sources may contain bacteria
- Wash your lens case regularly with cleaning solution and allow it to dry before closing it
- Only sleep in extended wear contacts
- Replace your lens case every three months to avoid bacteria build-up
- Don’t wear contacts if your eyes are irritated or if the contact appears damaged; this can lead to infection or a scratched cornea
If you are searching for contact lenses in Eugene, OR, our team of experts is ready to help. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.