Protect Your Vision with Sunglasses & Safety Glasses
Glasses can not only help you see more clearly; they can also help protect your eyes from ultraviolet rays, work hazards and injury during sports.
- 20,000 workplace eye injuries every year
- 40,000 adults and children suffer eye injuries during sports every year
- 90% of sporting and workplace eye injuries could be avoided if workers wore certified eye protection or sports glasses
At The Spectacle Shop, we want to help you protect your vision during any type of activity. We carry a variety of prescription or non-prescription glasses:
- Polarized sunglasses that block 99-100% of UV-A and UV-B radiation
- Computer lenses to reduce glare
- Safety goggles and glasses with high impact resistance
- Sports glasses with polycarbonate lenses
These specialty lenses can help protect against:
- Sunburn of the eye (photokeratitis)
- Trauma from penetration
- Grease splatters
- Chemicals or radiation
- Computer vision syndrome/digital eye strain
More Reasons to Wear Proper Sunglasses
Excessive exposure to ultraviolet rays may lead to increased risk of developing:
- Macular degeneration
- Retina damage
- Eyelid skin cancer
- Facial wrinkles
We carry sunglasses lines from Maui Jim, Coach, Carrera, Kate Spade and Wiley X.
Our experienced team of opticians can help you find the right type of lenses and frames to protect your vision and fit your lifestyle. Contact us today to learn more about sunglasses or safety glasses in Eugene, OR.